Box Office Support – Volunteer
Purpose of the role
We are looking for friendly volunteers with great customer service skills to help in the Sub Rooms’ box office.
Providing invaluable support to our staff team, you will play a key role in helping us achieve our aim to keep the Sub Rooms a thriving, friendly, community, arts venue at the heart of Stroud.
What is involved:
As a Box Office Support volunteer, you may be asked to do the following:
- Provide a warm, courteous welcome to our customers
- Assist the box office team with selling tickets to walk-in customers and over the phone
- Hand out pre-paid tickets prior to events
- Use our Box Office booking system, Spektrix (training will be provided)
- Help the team keep the box office area and merchandise tidy and stocked up
What we are looking for
- Good communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude
- Reliability, commitment and flexibility
- Well organised and able to handle money accurately
- Volunteers who share our aim to be perceived as a friendly and diverse community environment where everyone is respected and valued.
What you will gain from this opportunity
- An interesting and varied role giving you skills and experience in customer service, ticket retail and using a box office booking system
- Meeting new people and spending time in a supportive, creative community
- Full induction and training, with opportunities for more specific training and development
- Special benefits and ticket offers for you and your family/ friends (where possible)
- The knowledge that you are playing a vital role in supporting the Sub Rooms for the whole community to enjoy for generations to come
The Box Office will be open during weekdays, Saturdays and prior to scheduled evening and weekend events. We would be delighted to hear from you if you could cover a weekly shift or support us on a more ad hoc basis helping us cover events. There is no obligation from our volunteers, but we do require and respect reliability.
For more information or to apply, please contact Heather at [email protected], or on 07931 138569.
Have fun playing with our donation calculator to see how big you can make our heart grow.