DIYers and Maintenance – Volunteer
Purpose of the role
The Sub Rooms is a historic building which takes time and skills to maintain. Volunteers who may be able to help us with basic maintenance and repairs would be a huge asset to us.
As a volunteer you will play a key role in helping us achieve our aim to keep the Sub Rooms a thriving, friendly, community, arts venue at the heart of Stroud.
What is involved
As a DIY-er & Maintenance volunteer you may be asked to do one or more the following:
- Help us with simple repairs and general maintenance around the building:
Some examples include: fixing a hinge on a door, painting, put up shelving, adding/removing locks to doors, furniture removal.
- Help us to get stage and gallery areas ready prior to events and exhibitions
What we are looking for
- Practical skills, whether for general DIY or in a specialist area such as carpentry, plumbing, electrics. (Ideally, we would love to have a small team of DIY and maintenance volunteers who may be able to support us in different ways or from time to time come together and work as a team for larger projects.)
- Reliability, commitment and flexibility
- Volunteers who share our aim to be perceived as a friendly and diverse community environment where everyone is respected and valued.
What you will gain from this opportunity
- A varied role, with hands on experience enhancing your practical maintenance skills
- Meeting new people and spending time in a supportive, creative community
- Full induction, with opportunities for more specific training and development,
- Special benefits and ticket offers for you and your family/ friends (where possible)
- The knowledge that you are playing a vital role in supporting the Sub Rooms for the whole community to enjoy for generations to come
We do not require a specific time commitment but would value the support of volunteers who would be happy to be called on and may be able to help with a specific task or repair as and when they arise. There is no obligation from our volunteers, but we do really require and respect reliability.
Have fun playing with our donation calculator to see how big you can make our heart grow.