Front of House – Volunteer
Purpose of the role
Front of House volunteers play a vital role in supporting events, exhibitions and performances at the Sub Rooms and help provide a warm, friendly welcome to all our visitors.
Supporting our staff team in making sure visitors feel comfortable and safe, you will play a key role in helping us achieve our aim to keep the Sub Rooms a thriving, friendly, community, arts venue at the heart of Stroud.
What is involved
As a Front of House Volunteer you may be asked to do one or more of the following:
- Be stationed on the main door or throughout the venue to welcome and guide visitors
- Check tickets
- Answer general enquiries relating to the event or performance
- Help keep aisles and stairways free from obstruction
- Help guide people in adhering to any social distancing measures in place at the time
- Assist with spraying surfaces in line with Covid 19 measures
- Be attentive to those requiring assistance and support the Duty Manager and staff should a patron take ill and assist with evacuating the building in the event of a fire or emergency.
- Assist with pre-paid ticket collection, selling tickets, merchandise or refreshments
- Assist with tidying up post-event.
What we are looking for
- Good communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude
- Reliability, commitment and flexibility
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Volunteers who share our aim to be perceived as a friendly and diverse community environment where everyone is respected and valued.
What you will gain from this opportunity
- Hands-on experience of working with a friendly Front of House team
- Meeting new people and spending time in a supportive, creative community
- Full induction and training, with opportunities for more specific training and development, including customer service, fire and evacuation, First Aid, security.
- Special benefits and ticket offers for you and your family/ friends (where possible)
- The knowledge that you are playing a vital role in supporting the Sub Rooms for the whole community to enjoy for generations to come
Opportunities exist during our scheduled events and performances, during the week or weekends, during the day or evenings. Times vary depending on the schedule. If you would be able to help for one or more shift of approximately 4 hours during our events or performances that would be wonderful. There is no obligation from our volunteers, but we do really require and respect reliability
Have fun playing with our donation calculator to see how big you can make our heart grow.