Casual hours (approx. 15hrs per week)
Salary £9.94 per hour (+ holiday pay = £11.13 per hour)
18 + only
Must be available evenings and weekends
Deadline Sun 8th Aug 12pm
Based in our beautiful brand new art-deco bar in the heart of town, this is a dynamic and exciting role. With an exciting programme lined up including acts such a Craig Charles, The Shires, Brand New Heavies and our very first club night Neighbourhood, this is a fantastic time to join our team and make a real impression on what's quickly becoming 'the place to be' in Stroud.
To join us as the Bar Supervisor, you’ll need:
- Experience in a supervisory role within the bar and/or catering industry
- To be able to show a good understanding of health & safety legislation, especially of its practical application within the context bars
- The ability to supervise and motivate staff members
- To be able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Be familiar with Microsoft packages such as Excel and Office
- Be open, adaptable and positive with a hands-on approach to all tasks as well as being an efficient and effective problem solver
- Have strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise a complex workload by utilising excellent organisational skills
- Experience of managing budgets and finances
- Have a passion and interest in contemporary culture, particularly in music, theatre, dance, and comedy.
As the Bar Supervisor, you will provide support to the Director, Senior Management Team, Trustees and other departments across the organisation.
Joining the Sub Rooms team, you will:
- Assist with and delegate daily cleaning of the bars along with weekly/monthly tasks.
- Help to ensure that the Bars are fully compliant with appropriate health and safety legislation.
- Follow good financial practices, including cash handling and recording.
- Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue
- Ensure staff meet the standards of the bars, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be
- To clean and maintain all equipment and notify management of any issues.
- Place orders for bar stock depending on need for upcoming events
- Detailed check of deliveries for accuracy and quality of product.
- Ensure stock rotation is applied when storing deliveries and that the correct storage method is applied to each product.
- Maximise income on catered events and one ad hoc offerings based on venues programme
- Supervise & train all bar staff & volunteers and maintain training logs
- Ensure high standards of health and safety are always maintained
- Ensure the storage areas are kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Ensure any faults or problems with equipment and the venue are reported and dealt with.
- Act as bar supervisor for large scale events, including weekends and evening hours as required
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably requested to ensure the smooth running of The Sub Rooms.